Did you know that hemp is one of the most eco-friendly crops to grow and care for? Here are just some of the ways hemp loves Mother Earth:
- It requires little fertilizer
- Is naturally resistant to insect pests and predators
- Most hemp is grown organically, meaning produced without the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, or ionizing radiation
- Ladybugs are often employed for pest control
- Uses less water than many industrial crops
- Its roots are deep, which is beneficial for soil
- Minerals and nitrogen return to the soil when leaves drop off the plant
- Hemp farms are havens for pollinators (helping to save the bees!)
- Hemp is a bioaccumulator – it can be used to decontaminate soil and water after industrial accidents
- Pulls large quantities of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere (for every ton of hemp grown, 1.63 tons of carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere. This is more than trees or other plants of a similar size)
- Can be used to make biofuels
Here at Auntie Dolores, we are proud the Organic Full Spectrum CBD Oil included in all of our products is sourced from hemp.
We plan on celebrating earth-friendly hemp on Earth Day by starting our morning off with a dropper full of our cinnamon spice 1500 mg CBD oil added to a hot cup of coffee or tea. For those of us who need some help keeping focus throughout the workday, our 25 mg CBD capsules will be kept close by. Before bed, we’ll treat our feet to a massage with Auntie Dolores Topical Cream to soften the skin and relax us.
How do you plan on celebrating Earth Day?